Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Quick post to give an update

Garden:

Seymour isn't doing very well. I think I might have a whitefly infestation. I'm hoping that's all it is. I need to get some neem oil or something to take care of that because I'm about to lose a whole stalk and I don't want it to spread. I named the other heirloom plant Audrey because, well, because it just makes sense. They're both somewhere that's green...

General eating/food stuff:

I have not touched anything besides lettuce from last week's CSA share. Ever since I went up to the cabin, i've been off the wagon. I had french fries today (and I want to kick my own ass). I have a new share coming in tomorrow AND I went to the Lexington Farmer's Market today so I really HAVE to make an effort to cook all this stuff.

We're about to be up to our eyeballs with zucchini. My uncle is pawning it off. I'm getting it in my share. Honestly, I don't even know what I have in my fridge right now. What I do know is that I need to go through it tonight because A) if anything is rotten, that's just gross and I need to suck it up and not "feel bad" for letting it go to waste (and resolve to do better this week), B) my mother keeps bitching about over crowding the fridge, C) I need to know what I have so I can plan to cook/prepare/freeze stuff this weekend.

Some recipes I've found that I'd like to try (I'll link them in future posts when I actually make this stuff):

Zucchini Au Gratin
Zucchini & Ricotta Galette
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Summer Succotash with Bacon & Garlic Croutons
Russian Potato Salad with Dill & Purslane
Green Curry Vegetables with Tofu
Thai Chicken Curry

No comments:

Google Analytics