Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Zumba - Week 2

Had another great zumba class last night led by Joanne. Unfortunately, by the time class was over, I felt sick and continued to feel sick for about an hour. I don't know if it was that I wasn't properly hydrated, or if I was hot, or if I didn't have enough food in me before class started (I had a granola bar and a handful of combo pretzels). Or was my heart rate too high that I didn't bring it down during a long enough cool down? Could it be TOM? I don't know. All I know is that I felt a little light headed and nauseous and I could feel my pulse throughout my body for like an hour. I drank more water when I got home, laid down for 20 minutes and then ate my stuffed pepper and felt a little better. Maybe it's time to invest in a heart rate monitor.

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I tossed and turned and was just achy all over (that's definately TOM). I called in and came into the office 2 hours late so I could take some alleve and lay there for a little while. I'm feeling better now (drugs are good!).

We had a fantastic thunder storm last night that drenched my garden and Jinks' window perch. When I got up this morning and checked on the garden, that ripening pink brandywine tomato greeted me. It's almost ready to pick!

I'm looking forward to taking Carrie tomorrow night to celebrate her birthday. She deserves a nice birthday dinner and some mommy time.

1 comment:

G said...

Hey, you might be able to get your heart rate monitor covered by ins if you have a qualifying "condition"...I think you might fall into that based on what I have seen from my employees.

Google Analytics