Friday, September 03, 2010

1 1/2 pound tomato!

Seymour gave me a 1.5 lb tomato yesterday that I plan to use in some dishes I'm making for my BBQ this weekend. I have more vegetables than I know what to do with right now from my CSA and I'm glad that I'll have the opportunity to showcase a lot of it at the BBQ!

This week's share (week #12) included the following:

6 ears of corn
1 lb wax beans
1 zucchini
4 slicing tomatoes
2 roma tomatoes
1 pt of a variety of cherry tomatoes
5 aji dulce peppers
1 cubanelle pepper
1 bunch hakurei turnips
1 eggplant
2 small heads of red leaf lettuce
1 leek
and I picked up about 3-4 extra "past ripe" tomatoes

Recipes I'm experimenting with this weekend (click links for recipes). Thanks to www.food.com (formerly known as www.recipezaar.com) my favorite recipe website and Farmer Dave's recipe site

Gazpacho

Fresh Salsa
Summer Vegetable Succotash
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Tzatziki & Pita Chips
Heirloom Tomato, Zucchini and Cheese Tart
Watermelon Lemonade

I'm also making potato and macaroni salads and I hope to throw some veggies in those too.

Crazy days at work (with layoffs and increased work load), Jeremy's off to school (and I'm his administrative assistant, apparently, at the moment until he knows what the hell is going on). Now a long weekend to look forward to. Enjoy!

No comments:

Google Analytics