Tuesday, November 16, 2010

BL Challenge - Day Two

So, everyone's all weighed in and ready for week one. I hope we all stick to this for ourselves and that we get in touch with each other using all this technology at our disposal.

Woke up late for work today (surprise!) so I didn't really get to have breakfast at home.

BREAKFAST
  • Apple (at home)
  • 1 packet of low sugar apple/cinnamon oatmeal (at work right when I got in)
LUNCH
  • Lean Cuisine Sweet & Sour Chicken (I got home wicked late from work last night so I didn't have the energy to make something to bring for lunch after making dinner that late. Good thing I had one of these stashed away, even if it isn't "real" food).
  • Left over sauteed beet greens with garlic & onions, tossed with left over roasted beets
SNACK (at work)
  • Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate Granola Bar
DINNER
  • Broiled thick-cut boneless pork chop
  • Modified stuffed squash recipe from Jen over at Beantown Baker. (Basically, I used a butternut squash instead of acorn squash, which was all I had, cooked it, and topped it with the "stuffing" in a casserole dish).
  • piece of potato pie
According to SparkPeople, here is my daily tally:

CALORIES:
  • Goal: 1,320 - 1,670
  • Actual: 1,616 (on the upper end of the spectrum but still within range. Back when I saw my nutritionist, she told me to start on the upper end)
CARBS:
  • Goal: 148 - 271
  • Actual: 227 (I have a love affair with Carbs. If you haven't watched my favorite Love Letter To Carbs video, you must do it. NOW. DISCLAIMER: this video is considered rated R, I'd assume.) *Still within range though...go me!
FAT:
  • Goal: 29 - 65
  • Actual: 49 (right in the middle... yay!)
PROTEIN:
  • Goal: 60 - 146
  • Actual: 83 (I guess this is in the middle, but I think I'd like to get more protein in)
FIBER:
  • Goal: 25-45
  • Actual: 44 (yay! Fiber keeps you fuller, longer!)

I figured I'd share some of my recent fave blogs with you. Check them out. Follow them. Comment on them. They're not shy.

FOOD, LIFE & HEALTHY LIVING
I know that Jen and Cynthia are local, not sure about Kate. I've met Cynthia IRL - though I haven't seen her in years - and she's wicked awesome (partly cuz she's originally from NY but loves Boston sports).
FUN & RANDOM (and pretty well known, for the most part)

2 comments:

Cynthia (It All Changes) said...

Semi-local. I can't believe how long it's been since we've seen each other. Must rectify this after Kettles :-)

Anonymous said...

This will be a terrific web page, might you be interested in doing an interview regarding just how you created it? If so e-mail me!.

Google Analytics