Monday, November 15, 2010

BL Challenge - Day One

Weighed in this morning at 9 pounds more than I thought I was at (and I thought I was being generous). What a great start to a Monday. *sigh* WHAT-EVERRRRR

I can't stay away from tracking my meals. I think this is just the opposite end of my food obsession spectrum. I logged back in to SparkPeople which I really really love. It's a FREE online nutrition and fitness program that is 100% tailored to your individual needs and goals. They'll even tailor something for those of you out there who have IBS issues (hi, Jenn). I strongly encourage anyone who is on this journey to check it out. Maybe during one of our skype calls, I can go through it with everyone and set up accounts.

Let's get down to business, shall we? Here is my re-cap of the day:

BREAKFAST (at home)




  • Glass of orange juice
  • 1 scrambled egg with sauteed beet greens (greens, olive oil, garlic, onions, salt & pepper)


SNACKS (at work)




  • Swiss Chard Chips I made last night (greens, olive oil, seasoned salt). These ended up so wilted/soggy by the time I ate them. They were so crispy and yummy last night. Perhaps next time I'll put them in a paper bag instead of tupperware.
  • Wheat thins (I have in my office)


LUNCH (in the cafeteria dining room with my co-workers)




  • Citrus Roasted Beet Salad (lettuce, roasted beets I did last night, red onion, orange juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, dijon mustard, olive oil)
    This actually wasn't all that good. I really loved the beets roasted (as opposed to boiled) but the dressing was too acidic. Maybe too much zest. And it was just boring. Thank God that my co-worker, Jan, shared her apple with me.
DINNER (at home)



  • Marinated Chicken Breast cooked on a skillet
  • Roasted Romanesco Broccoli (olive oil, sea salt, garlic)
  • Baked potato (potato, butter)
EVENING SNACK (at home)
  • Apple


Now, to plan for tomorrow!!!



No comments:

Google Analytics