Sunday, November 14, 2010

back on the journey...for the umpteenth time

While out at dinner last night, Jenn threw $20 on the table and declared that Carrie and I better ante up for a weight loss "competition".

I think this comes at a good time in my life. I'm dreading stepping on my scale in the morning. I can't even fathom what the numbers will say.

I came up with some guidelines (that have yet to be accepted by Jenn & Carrie...I'm waiting for them to respond to my email), but here they are, in case you care.

  • Whoever has the greatest percentage of weight loss on January 31 wins the pot ($60). If we want to do it again for another 10 weeks, we'd ante up another $20 each.
  • Weigh in is on monday MORNING. It's important to weigh in at the same time of day, and I find I weigh less when I get out of bed (lol).
  • We'll either get together or conf. call/skype on Monday NIGHTS to report in our weights and to just be encouraging to each other. This gives us no excuse to not check in or be accountable.
  • I'm going to blog about this and I'm encouraging Jenn & Carrie to do so too. It's not always easy to get to talk in person or on the phone, so this would be a great tool to just kinda chime in and give support and to let each other know where we're at at any given time (like, if you need to vent out at 2AM).
  • Share anything and everything shared is confidential. Share what you do to get you through the day.

I spent about an hour putting together a spreadsheet that is pre-formatted to track our progress.

So, here are some goals that I have for me, personally:

LONG TERM
1. no fast food from now until January 31 (not including coffee, but absolutely NO dunks food)
2. lose between 7-10% of my starting weight by January 31 (11 weeks)


THIS WEEK
1. Go to Zumba 2x
2. Eat something for breakfast at home each day
3. Make sure every meal has a fruit/vegetable
4. Pack snacks to bring to work
5. Soda down to 1x a day or less
6. Get away from my desk for lunch each day
7. Don't get caught up with counting yet...start that next week.

I'm actually considering seeking out a behavioral therapist to identify and manage my food issues. There is something wacky in my head that drives me to the fridge, even when I know I shouldn't.

We'll see... tomorrow is day one of competition. I'ma gonna win $60.....



No comments:

Google Analytics