Wednesday, September 08, 2010

a deep dark secret

Thanks to national television and the impending reign of Prince Poppycock, I can finally admit that this conservative gal is a little bit kinky...LOL

Who is Prince Poppycock, you ask? Well, he's only the most well known drag queen/transvestite/gay guy on the planet!!! And boy is he FIERCE! He's currently in the running for a spot in the top 4 of America's Got Talent. You can find TONS of clips of him on YouTube.


I've always ascribed to the idea that every girl should have a gay guy friend. I've also realized, a long time ago, after watching Rocky Horror Picture Show that I had an affection for Dr. Frankenfurter...LOL. Now, being older I can honestly say that I would jump Poppycock's bones if given the opportunity.



After watching is performance last night - a homage to America - I nearly ran out of my house to buy a rainbow flag to hang under my American flag on my flag pole. What GUTS this guy has, to come on tv and be so transparent, real, vulnerable. He clearly took a risk last night which I hope will pay off. I'm not even sure if the majority of America realizes what happened there.

This swell of admiration I have for this man creates a bit of conviction and conflict within me when it comes to equality issues but, no matter what your personal beliefs on those issues, there is no denying Poppycock's passion, raw talent and genuine showmanship. The guy is a born performer and he deserves all the fortune coming his way.

Get us talking, laughing, and singing, fair Prince. Your Poppies all adore you. Brava!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His Royal Nonsense, Prince Poppycock defies all stereotypes, labels, adjectives. The "whole" of that man is much greater than the sum of all his parts."

Google Analytics